1998 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Oil May Leak Onto Starter From Passenger-Side Head Gasket
- why does dash lights come on and off?
- Transmission only works in 2nd, and Reverse. DTC says BOTH shift solenoids bad.
- I own a 1998 ford crown Victoria and when ever i try to accelerate it is slow
- What fuel injector seal kit and how do i install it in my police interceptor car
- vic stopped running this morning just like someone turned the key off. no start
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
Also engine seems to slow down when the lights on dash start going on and off?
when i accelerate it does not go right away and it seems like it miss fires and and it just starts to shake a little and does not want to go and before then i would drive and the check engine light would start flashing at me and i would not be able to accelerate at all
1998 Police intercepter leak in fuel injector V-8 gas engine 1st injector right side closest to passenger compartment Driver side