1998 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Oil May Leak Onto Starter From Passenger-Side Head Gasket
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Alternator may get too hot and cause premature bearing failure
- I own a 1998 ford crown Victoria and when ever i try to accelerate it is slow
- What fuel injector seal kit and how do i install it in my police interceptor car
- vic stopped running this morning just like someone turned the key off. no start
- my a/c blows HOT full of freon my compressor works fine even wen cool ouside ven
- MY CIG LIGHTER KEEPS POPN FUSE SOON AS I PUT IN NO PENNIES IN IT LIKE A SHORT
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
when i accelerate it does not go right away and it seems like it miss fires and and it just starts to shake a little and does not want to go and before then i would drive and the check engine light would start flashing at me and i would not be able to accelerate at all
1998 Police intercepter leak in fuel injector V-8 gas engine 1st injector right side closest to passenger compartment Driver side
checked fuel to injectors good
checked all fuses good
checked spark to plugs good
it's a 5.0 efi