1996 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Throttle Position Sensors May Fail and Cause Engine Performance Problems
- where is the ignition control module on this police interceptor
- Misfire in cylinders 2 and 8. Changed both ignition coils, plugs and plug wires.
- What would cause dtc codes p0354, p0300, and p0355
- Where is the Odometer/instrument panel ground located?
- Car shuts off when deaccelerating and strong fuel smell inside car
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
Car was shaking during acceleration. Diagnistic codes said I had misfires in cylinders 2 and 8 and my primary and secondary ignition coils were bad. Replaced both coils and did a complete spark plug and wire replacement. Problem got a little better but still shakes during acceleration and Check E...
Also, what else could cuase the odometer and trip meters? Someone told me its a really hard job to do because of the springs and gesrs that aee back there idk though.
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Recalls
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews
its a good car in the long run and for travling too.
Reliable car that will last a long time with regular maintance