1996 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Throttle Position Sensors May Fail and Cause Engine Performance Problems
- What is causing the Fluid to leak and most efficient fix.
- where is the ignition control module on this police interceptor
- Misfire in cylinders 2 and 8. Changed both ignition coils, plugs and plug wires.
- What would cause dtc codes p0354, p0300, and p0355
- Where is the Odometer/instrument panel ground located?
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
So about 3-4 weeks ago i started hearing a faint chirping when i started the car. I checked the belt in the front by the fan and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I've noticed more recently when im driving it seems to shudder or shake between 30-40mph when shifting but below or over that speed...
Car was shaking during acceleration. Diagnistic codes said I had misfires in cylinders 2 and 8 and my primary and secondary ignition coils were bad. Replaced both coils and did a complete spark plug and wire replacement. Problem got a little better but still shakes during acceleration and Check E...
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Recalls
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews
its a good car in the long run and for travling too.
Reliable car that will last a long time with regular maintance