1993 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Crown Victoria
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
1993 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
My egr valve is stamped F1AE 9D460 B4D. I've looked everywhere for this number and it does not seem to exist. Any thoughts on possible equivalent numbers?
My engine is knocking so I was wondering can I get it rebuilt or just get another engine.
will changing the control mod fix my problem