1990 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Crown Victoria
- Does the PCV hose go from the PCV to the vacuum or throttle body ?
- front brake caliper locking up
- I need information on a 1981 crown vic. 5.8L 351 winsor engin can you help me.
- Where is the low end ac service port to recharge a 1988 Vic Ltd?
- 1988 Crown Vic Wagon 5.0 I am looking for the AC port to recharge the AC?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1990 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
1990 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
I replaced calipers, rotors, pads and rubber brake hose. passenger side caliper still locking up. it will release after car sits for awhile.
The car has no power even with the pedal pushed to the floor it will move slow and sluggestly. I have had both catalytic convertors replaced, cylenders pressure test, carburator checked, i i am about 400.00 in the hole at this point and need help please. Hornsey.
1990 Ford Crown Victoria Recalls
1990 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews
good car mine has 60K. and it still runs good.
Normal wear items replaced. No major issues in 17 years of ownership. Ford lost money on this one as it still works as designed with periodic oil, brake fluid, cooling, and transmission fluid changes. Best part is the key. You can duplicate a key for a dollar. Go ahead and try to get a duplicate key for a new car today for a dollar. Head lights, there are 4 of them made of clear glass that ne...