2000 Ford Contour Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Ford Contour
- What does the dash light mean? it is a picture of a radiator with a fan blade.
- Is having a broken steel belt in a tire the only problem that make it sway?
- how to replace the idler belt
- how do you replace thermastat in a 2000 2.5 v contour
- gas gauge goes down while driving down street & gas light comes on it has gas
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Ford Contour Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
Transmission problems are common in this model, often as a result of a failed front pump. The pump loses its ability to create hydraulic pressure, which an automatic transmission needs to function. A sign of front pump failure can be a whine type noise.
If the vehicle hesitates or idles roughly after being parked for twenty to thirty minutes, with the engine still warmed to normal operating temperature, you may need to reprogram the PCM (powertrain control module) with new calibration.
2000 Ford Contour Questions
I have a problem with a tire that has a broken steel belt in it. The car sways and shakes violently when I get it up to 50-55 mph. it also loses brake power. What would cause this problem?
over heats in just a few mins of cranking pictures would be great too im no machanic l.o.l
2000 Ford Contour Recalls
2000 Ford Contour Reviews
my 2000 ford contour has a problem the gas tank has gas in it when im driving down street gas gauge will go all the way to empty and gas light will come on what is wrong with my car
I love my car, I've had it for almost 3 years, when I got her, she had 124,242 miles on her, now she's got 175,190! I know that's alot of miles to put on a car, but she's hanging in there, and I've had no major problems! Love my car!
can't the car out of park, car is running, brake is applied