1996 Ford Contour Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Contour
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Ford Contour Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
1996 Ford Contour Questions
Every so often my car won't start. Seems to be happening more frequently. All the lights and the radio come on but when I try to turn it over nothing. No sound nothing. Sometimes it won't restart for days. Sometimes it a couple hours sometimes a few min. Once it starts again. No problems...
tried replacing the dual filament bulbs, signals work but not brake lights on either side. All other lights in working order. Tried replacing the stop light switch assembly but didn't help. All fuses under the hood left fuse box looked good. Heard it could be the master switch assembly in...
I know where the fuse box n the fule pump I just need to know how to cheek it to see if thats what worring with it just the fuse plz
1996 Ford Contour Recalls
1996 Ford Contour Reviews
I got my contour for free with 119000 miles on it. felt it was worth just about any amount to keep her in good shape.I am very happy with my lady.
This is my second contour i went from a 98 to a 96 and I love these little cars. Only ive been having a problem that i cant seem to figure out for the last 3 months. My battery isnt holding a charge. Ive taken out the alternator and had it tested twice. Napa said it was bad so i took it to Allied Auto electric and they tested it said it was good and that i needed a new regulator so I bought one...
i got a lot of rumbling going on and stalling when i come to a red light..dont know what it is plus i have a small oil leak in front passenger side