1990 Ford Bronco Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Bronco
- EGR system tubes can break and cause leak/noise
- Problem With Double Cardan Joint May Cause Virbation/Noise at High Speeds
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Upper Intake Manifold Gasket May Break and Get Drawn Into Engine
- Front Brake Caliper Pins Can Corrode and Cause Brakes to Stick
- I HAVE WHITE SMOKE COMING FROM MY EXHAUST
- Help with battery drain on a 1965 Ford Fairlane. (The site made me input a car)
- At 1200-1300rpm @30-35mph the car surges or jerks.
- 89 Bronco Starts, I put it in gear and it shuts off. What do I do?
- New battery, car starts, did not start it again for 1 week, now battery is dead
1990 Ford Bronco Problems
Tubes for the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
If there is a vibration or noise at highway speed, it could be from the front driveshaft and may require replacement of the double cardan joint. A double cardan joint is a type of driveshaft joint that uses two universal joints.
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
1990 Ford Bronco Questions
When the old ford is turned off, the battery drains. I put an amp meter in series and can see the drain. (I think it was 150-200ma.) I then break the circuit by taking the amp meter and removing it from the battery. I do this for 1 second and then reconnect the wires to put the amp meter back...
89 Bronco Last time started and I put it in gear and it died. I smacked the steering column. Now it won't do a thing.
I replaced the battery and the car started right away. I didn't use the car for about a week. When I tried to start it after that the battery was dead. I made sure that nothing was left on. I exchanged the battery with another new one, the car started right away. I took it to the auto place t...
1990 Ford Bronco Recalls
1990 Ford Bronco Reviews
my bronco has idled high ever since i got it.we've adjusted everything possible and can't hear any vacuum leaks.what could it be?
i own a 89 xlt the thing i hate is the gas mileage about 8 to 9 mpg's with the 351 with 68,000 origanal miles, its an awesome off road power house, ltd diff, duel shock towers,lower geared trans and transfer case, im looking in to putting out lock hubs and a 5 speed trans, it has all towing gear i need front and rear reese hitch, lighting, and power,
Bought this Bronco New great for hunting but the 351 had no power and with 10 MPG and a 35 gallon tank we just use it for hunting