1990 Ford Bronco Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Bronco
- EGR system tubes can break and cause leak/noise
- Problem With Double Cardan Joint May Cause Virbation/Noise at High Speeds
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Upper Intake Manifold Gasket May Break and Get Drawn Into Engine
- Front Brake Caliper Pins Can Corrode and Cause Brakes to Stick
- Im trying to find a gd diagram to run my vacuum lines....does any one have a pic
- Fuel System - low on fuel and idling, it eventually died due to fuel starvation.
- Keep getting code 42 on KOER test. Changed o-2 sensor. Shows always rich.
- WHAT CAUSES MY MUFFLER TO GET RED HOT AND MY BRONCO RUNS ROUGH AND WANT IDLE
- my breaks go all the way to the floor i tryed going backwards and stoping
1990 Ford Bronco Problems
Tubes for the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
If there is a vibration or noise at highway speed, it could be from the front driveshaft and may require replacement of the double cardan joint. A double cardan joint is a type of driveshaft joint that uses two universal joints.
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
1990 Ford Bronco Questions
I loaned my Bronco to someone who will remain nameless...my girlfriend :)
5.8W, F.I. that never had any prior fuel problems.
While low on fuel and idling, engine eventually died due to fuel starvation as it ran out of gas. I'm told that what was added was "unleaded gas" but t...
Trucks been non-op past 6 or so years. Tried inj. cleaner. Checked connectors. Generally seems to run o.k. but still sometimes gets a dirty inj. Don't have a emissions manual or breakout box. Any way to check o-2 sensor with ohm meter?
a few times but noyhing ,it has break flued im going to hit some one help me please,im a girl that knows a little .it smells a little also.
1990 Ford Bronco Recalls
1990 Ford Bronco Reviews
my bronco has idled high ever since i got it.we've adjusted everything possible and can't hear any vacuum leaks.what could it be?
i own a 89 xlt the thing i hate is the gas mileage about 8 to 9 mpg's with the 351 with 68,000 origanal miles, its an awesome off road power house, ltd diff, duel shock towers,lower geared trans and transfer case, im looking in to putting out lock hubs and a 5 speed trans, it has all towing gear i need front and rear reese hitch, lighting, and power,
Bought this Bronco New great for hunting but the 351 had no power and with 10 MPG and a 35 gallon tank we just use it for hunting