1997 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Synchronizer Shaft For the Camshaft Position Sensor May Make Noise
- Bad throttle position sensors can cause high idle
- "No start" and stalling due to ignition module failure
- Need location for thermostat & replacement info.
- How do I replace idler pully for serpentine belt on 4.0 engine
- I am looking to purchase this van but i need to know how the 4 wheel drive works
- Why is the Defroster/Vent blowing cool air with heat control full on?
- how to remove the big nut on the fan clutch
1997 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
1997 Ford Aerostar Questions
Even after driving 5 miles the front air system only managed to blow lukewarm air. The engine was at normal operating temperature after a couple miles. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?
SOmetimes when starting up my Van, before engaging Transmission, I will hear a rumbling coming from what seems to be passenger middle to back side. The rumbling will go away after driving. This has been going on for 20,000 miles.
can the rack be rebuilt?
1997 Ford Aerostar Recalls
1997 Ford Aerostar Reviews
Hi im am a former owner of the 1993 i gave mine to a church @250,000 miles it ran hard with different people and now i got it back to be towed and its the trans gone bad ,my daughter bought a 1997 it had been abused i think and she had lots of trouble with hers but it is so nice and her husband was in a car accident and paralyzed and she and he have 4 children , they need one of these vans re...
van runs ok has some front brake vibration
On the whole, this van has been doing pretty well. We did have to put in a radiator. My engine light has been on for almost a year or so but the mechanic I had said it was no problem. We are having some problems with the air conditioning but haven't had it checked out due to the high cost of repairing it. I had another van-a Dodge Caravan 1988 and it cost me $1200 to have it fixed which my ...