1996 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Aerostar
- where is the evap purge valve located?
- failed emission. P1443,PO401,PO420. where shoud I start first in repairing.
- The a/c vent door seems to be stuck in the defrost position How do I fix?
- (po306 only)rough idle after warmed up,good accelaration & off idle preformance
- need to find new door lock actuator for my 96 ford aerostar
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
1996 Ford Aerostar Questions
Small amount of air comes through the defrost when any of the positions are on the dial. Can't get A/C to come through the proper vents How do I fix?
new plugs,wire's,coil pack,02 sensor,isc motor.good compression vacuum steady at 18 motor has valve train noise after warmed up changed rocker arms & push rods on #4,#5,#6 head motor runs & sounds 50% better code po306 came back after one day.the motor dose not over heat no back firi...
have 96 aerostar van
1996 Ford Aerostar Recalls
1996 Ford Aerostar Reviews
Why did they stop making these? Stupid, Stupid , Stupid!!! The Best Minivan on the road. If I couls I would buy up old ones and refurbish them. They were a real work horse. I would get one now and put an EcoBoost in it!!! I really loved this vehicle need to bring em back! Mine was given to me by a church member he thought the head gaskets were blown but they weren't and a transmission, it s...
I own a 96 xl Van Aerostar i love it it has over 230,000 miles on it and its still going BUT it now has no power when to want to get up and go it will do 55 no prob. If Anyone can tell me what is going on with it please help =) Love it and would like to keep it going email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks
HI MY NAME IS VIC, AND I POSTED A COMMENT ON HERE ABOUT MY AERO STAR VAN. IT IS A REAL WORK HORSE AND COMFY TO DRIVE. I AM DISABLED AND NEED TO SELL IT. I REPLACED THE AIR COMP. AND SHOCKE, TIE RODS,AND OTHER PARTS, WHY? BECAUSE IT RAN SO GOOD, ALL IT NEEDS IS A GASKET ON THE MOTOR, IT LEAKS WATER AND FOULS THE PLUGS. I WAS RIPPED OFF BY SO CALLED MACHANICS. REPAIR PAL SAY'S THE PRICE IS UNDER ...