1995 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Synchronizer Shaft For the Camshaft Position Sensor May Make Noise
- Where can I get the vacuum control activator for the vent outlet for the AC
- Dooropen light stay on, it blinks n makes a sound like a electrical short n dash
- Speedometer cable replacement
- When the vehicle gets warm it has a runability issue while at steady throttle.
- How do you remove and replace freeze plugs on 1995 Ford Aerostar Van?
1995 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
1995 Ford Aerostar Questions
Started after my son replaced the speaker wire, told me that it got coughed somehow when he was pulling it,
Both cables by gas pedal has the plastic adjusting part broken how do I replace it?
During steady throllle or cruise control the vehicle stumbles and won't take throttle input. If I stop and leave in park it idles fine and runs smoothly through the RPM range. If the key is cycled off then on it will run for good for several minutes and them it will stumble again.The vehicle ...
1995 Ford Aerostar Recalls
1995 Ford Aerostar Reviews
MY NAME IS JOHN. I HAVE A 1995 AEROSTAR FORD VAN. I CHANGED THE PUSH RODS,LIFTERS,ROCKER ARMS,AND FUEL INJECTORS. NOW IT RUNS ROUGH AND BACK FIRES.THANKS
Mine is a 95 Ford Aerostar. I've enjoyed it for the past 15 years I haven't had many problems with it. During this lenght of time I've had to replace brake pads, have the radiator flushed, freon replaced in the AC. I got riped off once by a Ford mechanic who claimed to have repaired my AC. It ran cool for one day...by the next day it rain hot. They never returned my money when I complaine...
We bought our 1995 Aerostar (extended) in Florida 4 years ago. It has 170,000 miles on it as of today. Everything works great on it. We call her our bus because we take everyone everywhere in her. Everyone comments on how comfortable she is. Very practical, good looking (in our opinion), pretty good on fuel and inexpensive to buy. If you get a chance to buy a rust-free one with the 4.0 litre yo...