1994 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
1994 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
1994 Ford Aerostar Questions
I cannot find the brake filler cap. I see the oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, window washing fluid and power steering but I do not see the cap to fill brake fluid. Can you tell me where to fide it?
1994 ford aerostar
Oil sending unit seems ok; I apply gas w/ brake to maintain a steady gauge at stops. I have added "no leak" to oil, and it helps for a while. I thought this May be vacuum problem with regulator valve on side of transmission ( an oil diaphragm inside), and have the part, but no tools/ ...