1994 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- why is my van's engine accelreating too quickly.Almost as if Im reving it.
- the ac is only blowing out of the defroster how do I access the ac blend door
- Oil gauge flickers when engine reaches operating temp-low speed/stop/turns
- Should I junk it or can it be saved?
- how much to fix the rear end and can the brakes be fixed (that are frozen?)
1994 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
1994 Ford Aerostar Questions
1994 ford aerostar
Oil sending unit seems ok; I apply gas w/ brake to maintain a steady gauge at stops. I have added "no leak" to oil, and it helps for a while. I thought this May be vacuum problem with regulator valve on side of transmission ( an oil diaphragm inside), and have the part, but no tools/ ...
To clarify my previous questions, I want to say that 1 time when I was on the frwy, I had to gun it to get on and after that , the engine made some noise. Then , something started bouncing off the ground in the back and making a metal sound on the concrete for a few sec. Esp. when I went over a b...