1993 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- 3.0L. I can't see the EGR Valve from of van, nor through dog house.Where the heck is it? Below?Local Auto Parts Stores tell me conflicting stories.Some tell me it's located off the intake manifold-(which I already knew)-others say it Don't have one?
- My belt snapped due to a pulley that has a plate in front of it siezing up.
- How long should it take to replace the power steering pump?
- need to learn about the radiator and water pump
- while driving down the hwy van makes a noise like a fan was going out want start
1993 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
1993 Ford Aerostar Questions
Engine pulsates up & down, up, & down "at cold start only," then runs evenly, but lacks major power. Bad Gas Millage, but no emmisions smell really. It's a 3.0liter short-wheel base van w/ rebuild 80,000miles ago. It has been sitting for over 2yrs. I'm getting it back to...
took the distribitor cap off and found a broken router button. replaced cap and button still want start and its not firing. whats up?
1993 Ford Aerostar Recalls
1993 Ford Aerostar Reviews
I have a 1993 Ford Aerostar van; 3.0. It has served me well even during this bad economy. It has moved me when I lost my home. It has even provided me with a safe place to sleep. "Big Red" has her issues just like me and needs help that I do not know how to do. I believe if I had a picture, step by step manual, I could do some of it to keep her going but I do not have one. The heat and co...
my wife and I love our aerostar, have had a lot of cars , but not as good as a aerostar, very little trouble with it.try to keep it up. bob myers
I drove this van for about a year and a half. We repair the transmission once and replace it twice. They never could align the wheels.