1993 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- How do I flush the transmission fluid?
- 3.0L. I can't see the EGR Valve from of van, nor through dog house.Where the heck is it? Below?Local Auto Parts Stores tell me conflicting stories.Some tell me it's located off the intake manifold-(which I already knew)-others say it Don't have one?
- My belt snapped due to a pulley that has a plate in front of it siezing up.
- How long should it take to replace the power steering pump?
- need to learn about the radiator and water pump
1993 Ford Aerostar Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
1993 Ford Aerostar Questions
Engine pulsates up & down, up, & down "at cold start only," then runs evenly, but lacks major power. Bad Gas Millage, but no emmisions smell really. It's a 3.0liter short-wheel base van w/ rebuild 80,000miles ago. It has been sitting for over 2yrs. I'm getting it back to...
took the distribitor cap off and found a broken router button. replaced cap and button still want start and its not firing. whats up?
1993 Ford Aerostar Recalls
1993 Ford Aerostar Reviews
I have a 1993 Ford Aerostar van; 3.0. It has served me well even during this bad economy. It has moved me when I lost my home. It has even provided me with a safe place to sleep. "Big Red" has her issues just like me and needs help that I do not know how to do. I believe if I had a picture, step by step manual, I could do some of it to keep her going but I do not have one. The heat and co...
my wife and I love our aerostar, have had a lot of cars , but not as good as a aerostar, very little trouble with it.try to keep it up. bob myers
I drove this van for about a year and a half. We repair the transmission once and replace it twice. They never could align the wheels.