1991 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
1991 Ford Aerostar Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
1991 Ford Aerostar Questions
Chirping clicking noise started at rear of engine about a week ago. 178,000miles on engine. Ford aerostar 3.0.
I loaned out the van; it came back with the side door not being able to open. I've tried locking, unlocking, prying, and removing the top inside panel, but not a budge. How do I get it open before it can even be fixed?
Has been running rough for a while. Happened before and I put it in neutral and pushed it forward then in drive then park and it started right up. Then drove 1,00 miles no problem. Each time after sitting a day or two problem returns.