1991 Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
1991 Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
1991 Ford Aerostar Questions
Chirping clicking noise started at rear of engine about a week ago. 178,000miles on engine. Ford aerostar 3.0.
I loaned out the van; it came back with the side door not being able to open. I've tried locking, unlocking, prying, and removing the top inside panel, but not a budge. How do I get it open before it can even be fixed?
Has been running rough for a while. Happened before and I put it in neutral and pushed it forward then in drive then park and it started right up. Then drove 1,00 miles no problem. Each time after sitting a day or two problem returns.