2005 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Dodge Stratus
- Turn key on no check engine light comes on no radio no windshield wippers
- car won't start, won't turn over but lights bells and whistles work, grinding sound happens, is it the starter
- I replaced crank position sensor as the P0335 code came up. Check engine light went off but it now is coming back on and car is running rough and shuts off. Then I can get in the next time and it runs fine and the light is off. Bad sensor or is wiring bad
- Replaced crank position sensor due to P0335 code it is running rough and hard to
- i get code P0304 misfire cyc 4 and check engin lite only comes on when coldstart
2005 Dodge Stratus Problems
A plugged AC evaporator drain tube can cause a water leak inside the car; usually near the front passenger's feet.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
2005 Dodge Stratus Questions
Everything else works but car won't start not even a click from starter
Tried changing ignition switch still nothing still the same
I have flushed coolant system. Changed thermostat. Doesn't overheat. Has rust in system somewhere, but water flows freely through all hoses.
When I first Start the Car,the Fan Usually Works,...until the engine gets "hot" ,then it either fails,or if I turn Off the Heater,the Fan STOPS working altogether........I tried replacing the Motor Resister,and that did NOT fix the problem.
You think I might have to replace the whole h...
2005 Dodge Stratus Recalls
The right steering knuckle may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. This could cause the steering knuckle to crack and separate from the upper control arm, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the right steering knuckle. This recall is expected to begin on December 27, 2004. Chrysler recall number is D55.
The left and right rear outboard seat belt retractor and turning loop bolts may not have been properly tightened. In the event of a crash, seat occupants may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will inspect and tighten the affected fasteners. This recall is expected to begin on November 15, 2004. The Chrysler recall number is D52.