2000 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Heating & Air Conditioning Fan unit only works in certain positions
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- I have a Dodge Stratus sxt 2005. I'm not getting any heat anymore.
- How to test my alternator to see if it is going bad
- My car is grinding in the front in hard to drive because the grinding
- overheat on and off and check engine light on. Says misfiring, but it keeps changing cylinder #.
- I was driving and heard a loud knocking, and pulled over to see all my coolant leaking rapidly, and no start up, the car sounds like it wants to start but nothing and now when i pour coolant straight into the engine it runs out the bottom passenger side
2000 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
If the Heating A/C fan only works in certain positions ie. 3&4 but not 1 or 2. You most likely need a new blower motor resistor.
2000 Dodge Stratus Questions
Tried using defrost....heat noted short period of time going to work, took almost 1/2 hr to feel any heat.. Tried heat coming home, nothing but cold air now. Defrost isn't working, concerned. I have had no problems with heating until now. I've had this since 2008, it has a little over 100...
When they use the diagnostic tool it don't work nor does it work for the mechanic what could be causing this because of this I am unable to pass emmission test
What is the correct part number for the timing belt cover?
2000 Dodge Stratus Recalls
The information on how to secure a car seat properly using tether anchors using step by step, illustrated procedures is missing. Improper attachment of child seat tether straps to vehicle tether anchors could cause a child safety issue in a collision. Owners were sent an addendum to the owners manual that addresses tether strap installation.
Dodge is recalling 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, Dodge Stratus, and Plymouth Breeze models because the stand-off bracket could separate from the block and cause damage to the right-side brakes. This can cause a half-system brake loss. Dealers will add a brake line bracket to the right front brake tube.
2000 Dodge Stratus Reviews
i have a 2000 dodge stratus and while driving i felt the car shifting funny and noticed my speedometer jumping then the speedometer stopped working completely and transmission would not shift out of low gear.i have an automatic transmission and i believe its something to do with the transmission control module but not sure how to find out for sure which part it is,the fuse,relay or the tcm.any ...
Since I purchased this vehicle we have had to replace so much it should have been left where it was. I will never buy another Dodge Stratus. The purchase price is very reasonable but you more than make up for it in repair costs. If it isn't one thing it is another. I liked the cars ride, size, and gas mileage. In order to make it worth the cost it needs to be able to stay on the road and r...
Bought new in 2000, the only time it's left us stranded is just recently, fuel pump went out, but for 130,000 miles I'm not complaining, it's been a great car, parts for are dirt cheep, I put some after market drilled and slotted rotors on the front, my Wife is hard on brakes and warped the stock one's. Replaced all the plugs myself, this looks harder than it really is on the 6cyl. The leading...