1999 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- why don't my car start, 2days ago it would click but would not start
- How many fans are suppose to turn on at the same time on a 99 dodge stratus?
- New plugs&wires-continues to miss-comp.gd.-press gas hesitates backfires-up hill
- I over heated and car won't start
- In the last month my car has stalled out when slowing down and turning 3 times. Last night it did it, and now won't start. It almost sounds like a timing belt, but it wouldn't get any gas while it was stalling no matter how I pumped the gas pedal.
1999 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1999 Dodge Stratus Questions
I had a mechanic to look at it, he put a meter on it and said he couldn't find any thing wrong with it, turn the key and no lights, windshields don't work, how can I test it myself.
over heated and now the car will not start and when you try starting it it turn over the engine but with the radiator cap off it blows water out 2 ft high
On occasion while driving the signal lights, windows, heat/air, and radio will stop working. When I turn the car off and then back on again, everything works again. The battery and alternator were checked out and are working fine. What could be causing this problem?
1999 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1999 Dodge Stratus Reviews
We have a 99 Stratus we bought new with a v 6 & we love it. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, & rotate the tires every other oil change. It has 150,000 miles on it & still gets 29 MPG on the highway.
great car very dependable. Ive put 50k miles on mine and has had minimal problems and complaints. Blower moter seems to only work on high setting, fixed it but quit working again about 1 month later. Brakes sqweek but are in good shape. Head lights are small and not real bright.
My 1999 Stratus has over 218,000 miles on it and it is still running strong, needs new tie rod ends and shocks though...very reliable car