1999 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- In the last month my car has stalled out when slowing down and turning 3 times. Last night it did it, and now won't start. It almost sounds like a timing belt, but it wouldn't get any gas while it was stalling no matter how I pumped the gas pedal.
- Its winding when runining it from the tranny
- oil leak
- where are the marks to set the timing on this car---picture would be helpful
1999 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
1999 Dodge Stratus Questions
On occasion while driving the signal lights, windows, heat/air, and radio will stop working. When I turn the car off and then back on again, everything works again. The battery and alternator were checked out and are working fine. What could be causing this problem?
was driving and my car lost power like its not getting enough gas or a vaccum hose came off. checked code at autozone and said o2 bank 1 was bad. changed o2 sensor and egr but not fixed. seems to idle some with egr off or even loosened.
windows,door locks work.radio wont come on and when yiu turn the key nothing only break light comes on the dash
1999 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1999 Dodge Stratus Reviews
We have a 99 Stratus we bought new with a v 6 & we love it. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, & rotate the tires every other oil change. It has 150,000 miles on it & still gets 29 MPG on the highway.
great car very dependable. Ive put 50k miles on mine and has had minimal problems and complaints. Blower moter seems to only work on high setting, fixed it but quit working again about 1 month later. Brakes sqweek but are in good shape. Head lights are small and not real bright.
My 1999 Stratus has over 218,000 miles on it and it is still running strong, needs new tie rod ends and shocks though...very reliable car