1998 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1998 Dodge Stratus Questions
I drove my car to the zoo with my kids and it was fine on the way there. When I left the zoo the car engine just shut off and the brakes wouldn't work. I'm not quite sure why happened but we cannot figure it out. There was brake fluid on my back tire and the brake was completely gone so...
Key switch is good #8 fuse is good
I have 1998 dodge stratus with a 2.5 engine that makes a loud rattling noise upon start up but then goes away immediately. It runs good for abot 20-30 minutes and then the engine starts to get hot (but not fully over heating) and then a valve train ratting type noise starts. I was told by a coup...
1998 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1998 Dodge Stratus Reviews
I got my car in 2005 it had about 90,ooo miles on it .Its been preetty realiable,besides the fact the brakes skweek even thou the pads are fine.I also have a problem with the tranny shifting roughly at 35 to 40 , during eccleration.Does anyone have any advice . Thank you
I bought this car from a friend and it was great for the first month. it had 105,xxx miles when i purchased and within a month the fule pump went out and left me stranded. Then a few months later I had to replace all the bearings and tie rod ends. A week after that the piston rod started knocking and then a massive transmission leak! It always shifted bad and felt like it was always in second...
I bought this car 3 years ago. It ran pretty good up until the past year. I always do tune ups and my oil changes. It has only 70,000 miles on it and its had a major oil leak from head gasket, steering arm, tiers, ball joints have all had to be replaced. The brakes suck I've had them done 4 times. The car is as loud as a truck, the heater makes a whistling sound when on, loses power, and when i...