1998 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1998 Dodge Stratus Questions
I drove my car to the zoo with my kids and it was fine on the way there. When I left the zoo the car engine just shut off and the brakes wouldn't work. I'm not quite sure why happened but we cannot figure it out. There was brake fluid on my back tire and the brake was completely gone so w...
Key switch is good #8 fuse is good
1998 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1998 Dodge Stratus Reviews
I got my car in 2005 it had about 90,ooo miles on it .Its been preetty realiable,besides the fact the brakes skweek even thou the pads are fine.I also have a problem with the tranny shifting roughly at 35 to 40 , during eccleration.Does anyone have any advice . Thank you
217000 miles.This car has been a jewell!!! It had 60,000 when I bought it. The A/C pump went at 15000. Timing belt had never been replaced till 216000. Brakes, oil, lube, just regular maintainance. 32mpg on the hiway. The fan control switch only works on hi but for the miles, it's always been on. 2 years old when I bought it. You couldn't give me my money back for it now. I'll have it resprayed...
I bought this car from a friend and it was great for the first month. it had 105,xxx miles when i purchased and within a month the fule pump went out and left me stranded. Then a few months later I had to replace all the bearings and tie rod ends. A week after that the piston rod started knocking and then a massive transmission leak! It always shifted bad and felt like it was always in second...