1997 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
1997 Dodge Stratus Questions
Originally I pulled a spark plug wire to see which cylinder isn't firing while the car was running.It started missing worse when I pulled 1. 3 are firing, but 1 isn't.
I have replaced wires,and plugs. Runs, sounds like a lawn mower, sputters when accelerating, the timing is right on, a...
When I depress the gas, the car bogs down. I have to let up gradually on the gas and it will start to run right. I have to do this repeatedly to pick up speed. When going up an incline, the car slows continuously so I am going 15 mph or so when at the top. When I go down a hill, the car doesn...
moter come to screech sound sounding like bearings then kills moter and and anti-freeze pours out on the ground
1997 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1997 Dodge Stratus Reviews
My grandmother gave this to me as soon as I got my license! This thing has been sitting in front of a barn for about a year and a half to two years. Ever since I had it, it's been running like a TANK!!! The only things that needed to be replaced were the catalytic converter (much more expensive in California because we're all hippies), the brakes, and now the oil pan so I'm loving this thing mo...
MY SON-IN-LAW FIRST HAD THIS CAR AND I TOOK IT OVER. THEY HAD TO PUT HEAD GASKETS IN IT WHEN THEY HAD IT AND IT ALREADY NEEDS MORE HEAD GASKETS. IT ALSO PROBABLY NEED A WATER PUMP. OVER ALL IT RUNS GREAT, GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE HEAD GASKETS COST AGOUT 800 DOLLARS TO REPLACE AND THAT IS ESTIMATES FROM THREE PLACES. THE ENGINE SETS SIDEWAYS AND NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO WORK ...
overall my car is GREAT! I have had no major problems other than an a/c compressor going out! Powerful V6 with autostick is fun to drive, suspension is tight like a sports car! Great stereo system, great gas mileage, an all around smooth handling car! Has 156,000 on it now, last stratus made it to 225,000 before handing key to my son, hope this one goes as long and seems that it may! Only compl...