1997 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- My tail and brake light will not work but I have turn signals and has new bulbs
- what causes the car to buck as if your running out of gas while driving
- Need service information to fix my brake and tail lights
- Need help on why my tail lights and brake lights aren't but all other lights are
- What type of bulbs do I need for the brake lights and tail lights?
1997 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
1997 Dodge Stratus Questions
the car just died driving to work it was low on oil but after it died i added oil and changed the coil, plugs, wires crank shaft sensor and the car cranks theres just no spark also checked fuses all good what do i do next or is the car just beyond repair?
1997 Dodge Stratus Recalls
1997 Dodge Stratus Reviews
My grandmother gave this to me as soon as I got my license! This thing has been sitting in front of a barn for about a year and a half to two years. Ever since I had it, it's been running like a TANK!!! The only things that needed to be replaced were the catalytic converter (much more expensive in California because we're all hippies), the brakes, and now the oil pan so I'm loving this thing mo...
MY SON-IN-LAW FIRST HAD THIS CAR AND I TOOK IT OVER. THEY HAD TO PUT HEAD GASKETS IN IT WHEN THEY HAD IT AND IT ALREADY NEEDS MORE HEAD GASKETS. IT ALSO PROBABLY NEED A WATER PUMP. OVER ALL IT RUNS GREAT, GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE HEAD GASKETS COST AGOUT 800 DOLLARS TO REPLACE AND THAT IS ESTIMATES FROM THREE PLACES. THE ENGINE SETS SIDEWAYS AND NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO WORK ...
overall my car is GREAT! I have had no major problems other than an a/c compressor going out! Powerful V6 with autostick is fun to drive, suspension is tight like a sports car! Great stereo system, great gas mileage, an all around smooth handling car! Has 156,000 on it now, last stratus made it to 225,000 before handing key to my son, hope this one goes as long and seems that it may! Only compl...