1996 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
1996 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
1996 Dodge Stratus Questions
Last week brought car to the shop, they did dye test showed it was oil pan gasket. Was told to bring it back today, had it there all day, repaired it. Brought it home it is still leaking. I dont think they let it run or drove it once they replaced the oil pan gasket. By the time me and my husband...
I checked ALL fuses. Also checed hot leads to switch. One is constent hot, other is hot with key turned to run position. How do I test heater control mode switch? Should I be looking further to the distribution box?