1995 Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Dodge Stratus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Oil Leak May Develop at Cam Sensor O-Ring
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
1995 Dodge Stratus Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1995 Dodge Stratus Questions
This start happening after I had my oil changed. I also noticed a decrease in mileage.
ive change the thermostat the radiator cap flushed the heater core and the temp gauge shows normal operating temo
When I have the heat on it blows out hoot air but when I turn it to defrost it drops like 30 degrees. I have changed the thermostat, flushed hte raditor and heater core, tore dash out and checked all the mixer doors and everythibng is working as it should.....now what?