1993 Dodge Shadow Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Dodge Shadow
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Dodge Shadow Problems
Automatic transmissions can exhibit a variety of shifting and noise concerns due to failure of internal parts. Our technicians tell us that a complete inspection of all internal parts should be performed if the transmission is disassembled for overhaul. Numerous updated part are available for this transmission.
Carbon buildup on the top of the piston is common. Over time this can lead to symptoms varying from light ticking to knocking noises. Performing a fuel injector cleaning procedure can often help the condition by removing some of the piston top deposits.
4 Cylinder engines, with a hard starting condition when cold and illumination of the Check Engine Light may have corrosion build up on the engine coolant temperature sensor. Our technicians tell us that the coolant sensor and pigtail should be replaced to correct this issue.
1993 Dodge Shadow Questions
this vehicle needs a lot of work, I would like to get it running first. Thank you.
I drive my car long distances about 100+ when I noticed the noise.
I took my car to the shop and they told me it was the blow out bearing. so they replaced that and got a new clutch kit.
[125,000 mile on the gauge.]
[just had the oil ...
Brakes out, had to push down pedal to the floor to stop.