1991 Dodge Shadow Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Dodge Shadow
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Dodge Shadow Problems
Automatic transmissions can exhibit a variety of shifting and noise concerns due to failure of internal parts. Our technicians tell us that a complete inspection of all internal parts should be performed if the transmission is disassembled for overhaul. Numerous updated part are available for this transmission.
Carbon buildup on the top of the piston is common. Over time this can lead to symptoms varying from light ticking to knocking noises. Performing a fuel injector cleaning procedure can often help the condition by removing some of the piston top deposits.
4 Cylinder engines, with a hard starting condition when cold and illumination of the Check Engine Light may have corrosion build up on the engine coolant temperature sensor. Our technicians tell us that the coolant sensor and pigtail should be replaced to correct this issue.
1991 Dodge Shadow Questions
switch it is
I have a 91 dodge shadow with a 2.2 liter engine. About 1 week ago it started making a very loud knocking sound from the engine I check my valve and everything was tight and looked like in good working order and while driving the car the noise kind of goes away till I change gears. is there any t...