1992 Dodge Ram Van B250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Dodge Ram Van B250
- wheres the fuel filters on dodge ram van 250 1993,5.9 liter
- Should there be any vertical play in the rear hub/ axle, failed an inspection
- how to replace / install a water pump on a 1992 ram van 250
- I just flushed Radiator 3 times.replaced thermostat, heater core,belt, thermostat is in Wright .No heat. Top hose gets hot bottom hose doesn't. Feed side to new heater gets hot edit side not .do I pull the pump and check that or pull radiator ?
- on a 1992 dodge ram 250 van, can I put an electric fuel pump on it instead of re
1992 Dodge Ram Van B250 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
The blower motor may operate erratically and the blower switch operation has a sticky or mushy feeling, the detents almost non existent. Our technicians tell us that the blower switch should be removed and inspected for overheating. This is common if the blower motor is frequently operated on high speed as the current flow through the switch tends to melt internal the components. Also carefully inspect all of the switch connector terminals for discoloration due to overheating and replace as required. A poor electrical contact at the connector will also cause the switch to overheat.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
1992 Dodge Ram Van B250 Questions
Van has done only 15000miles.