1990 Dodge Ram Van B250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Ram Van B250
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1990 Dodge Ram Van B250 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
The blower motor may operate erratically and the blower switch operation has a sticky or mushy feeling, the detents almost non existent. Our technicians tell us that the blower switch should be removed and inspected for overheating. This is common if the blower motor is frequently operated on high speed as the current flow through the switch tends to melt internal the components. Also carefully inspect all of the switch connector terminals for discoloration due to overheating and replace as required. A poor electrical contact at the connector will also cause the switch to overheat.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
1990 Dodge Ram Van B250 Questions
About 3 times applying brakes caused headlights to slightly flicker. Next time flicker, dim to yellow and went out. Now no headlights, running lights, dash lights, brake lights nor power door locks. All fuses are good. Power windows, radio, blinkers, emergency flashers and turn signals all work....
I hooked the battery backwards.
It started clunking once in a while when rolling up. Now it clunks and won't roll down. I'm trying to find pics for taking apart and trouble shooting.