2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500
- My engine cuts out repeatedly, particularly after idling for several minutes.
- no bus is displayed where the mileage is and i cant communicate with the compute
- My A/C seems to work until I hit the brakes, there is a click and warm air blows
- Runs great at idle and for 6 or 8 miles then cuts out-intermittingly mostly unde
- price of cam and lifters installed on a 2001 dodge 5.9 gas v-8 van
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.coil and spark plug wires to minimize induction effects will commonly correct this condition. If wires must cross during the reroute procedure, they must cross at a 90 degree angle.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Questions
I replaced the alternator last August, then in October the computer went out. That was replaced and then this cutting out problem started. Seems to run fine in the morning, and even traveling inbetween jobs, but whenever I leave it idling for more than a few minutes, the problem with the cutting ...
Im trying to make sure that the pcm in the van is infact broken or shorted. Ive checked all the fuses and ive checked power and ground going into the pcm and that was ok but when i checked power at the connector going to the crank sensor i only had 2.7v DC when im suppose to have 5v. Do i need to...
Mostly under load. Dist. cap and spark wires changed, throttle sensor changed,idle air control changed,coil changed No codes. Mechanic says bad lobe on cam.claims he put stet scope and heard noise which gets worse after warm up.
2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Recalls
Chrysler is recalling certain 2001-2002 Dodge Dakota, Durango, Ram 1500, Ram 2500, and Ram 3500 models because the park shift interlock system may not function correctly. When this system fails, the shifter can be moved out of the "Park" position with the ignition in the "lock" position. The ignition key can also be removed when the shifter is not in the "Park" position. Either of these conditions could allow the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly, possibly resulting in a crash. Dealers will replace the gearshift blocker and bracket assembly.