2002 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Dodge Ram Van 2500
- No busr messege on odometer..whats that means.
- Diesel smoking more than usual at start up.
- my truck ha problems starting today.Than i noticed the gas guage wasnt moving st
- Replaced alternator,battery,PCM checked,rchecked all wiring.
- NO BUS message in odometer Gauges do not work Engine turns but no start.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.coil and spark plug wires to minimize induction effects will commonly correct this condition. If wires must cross during the reroute procedure, they must cross at a 90 degree angle.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
2002 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Questions
All gauges misreading.
at start up smoking more that usual, very cold "wait light" had of course went out but check engine light came on until started. Do I have a glow plug bad possibly? Check engine light always comes on with others as usual when you turn the key on but stayed on when others went out, until...
Still will not charge. Any suggestions would be helpful
2002 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Recalls
Chrysler is recalling certain 2001-2002 Dodge Dakota, Durango, Ram 1500, Ram 2500, and Ram 3500 models because the park shift interlock system may not function correctly. When this system fails, the shifter can be moved out of the "Park" position with the ignition in the "lock" position. The ignition key can also be removed when the shifter is not in the "Park" position. Either of these conditions could allow the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly, possibly resulting in a crash. Dealers will replace the gearshift blocker and bracket assembly.