1999 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Ram Van 2500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.coil and spark plug wires to minimize induction effects will commonly correct this condition. If wires must cross during the reroute procedure, they must cross at a 90 degree angle.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
1999 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Questions
The van acts like its out of gas some times while its running , runs great other times its never the same , this has been happening for 5,000 miles , it now has 87.000 on it now !
I hear fuel pump sounds ok. Pulled off line connection,stuck in gas can,turn on key gas came out for a few seconds.
Sometimes starts and runs right for few minutes.
Soumds to me like a sensor
Once a year my break lights stop working. My mechanic has changed the brake light switch every time. My mechanic also repaired a short in the wiring saying I will not have this problem again. I currently do not have any brake lights. What is the problem and why does it keep happening?