2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500
- my van coolant tempture this sticks an running out on short drives what can I do
- my converstin van coolant temperature stuck an my van running out
- if i put a new downstream 02 sensor on befor i fix the manifold will it ruin my
- I need to replace the power steering, high pressure hose. Can anyone help?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
Leak detection pump failure can be caused by the internal diaphragm switch sticking, or in some cases, contamination from debris or carbon particles from vapor canister. If black carbon particles are present in the LDP, replace vapor canister in addition to LDP. The purge solenoid should also be checked for debris or carbon contamination and replaced as necessary. All evap system hoses are subject to cracking and splitting causing leaks, Inspect hoses carefully. In cases of contamination from carbon particles or debris, all hoses and tubes must be blown out with compressed air to remove contaminates.
2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Questions
what i did so far,changed cap,roter,plggs,wires,iac,cts,pikup coil,muffeler,air fltr,serp blt,feulpump,cleand o2 with carb cleaner,took off feul rail cleaned,feul injecters,after all that the fukin lite still on,can some smarter feller tell this poorvet wat he missed,please and thankyou.
Changed Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor.
Changed Air Intake volve Sensor
a ballpark price on how much it will cost me.
2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Reviews
I bought this Sherrod coversion to transport my mother, after she passed on I decided to keep the van, just finished putting 7000 miles on the van in the last two months a dream to travel in this hi top conversion, When keeping the speed near 62 to 65 it gets in the high 15 low 16 mpg in the mountains it drops to 13 and 14. it has all leather interior 3:55 rear end ratio towing package 5.9 engi...
This van has been well cared for and garaged in winter an yet the body is rusting a lot and the floor is rusting away! No more Chrysler products.
I bought this van from a company in Boulder that makes CD wallets, laptop cases and other soft type cases,so it never was used for any heavy lifting. It had 17,000 miles on it, or 27,000 kilometers for the rest of the world. It was in perfect condition except for the Arctic Gray paint was already starting to peel at only five years old. Mind you it was never garaged and hasn't been since but t...