1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
Leak detection pump failure can be caused by the internal diaphragm switch sticking, or in some cases, contamination from debris or carbon particles from vapor canister. If black carbon particles are present in the LDP, replace vapor canister in addition to LDP. The purge solenoid should also be checked for debris or carbon contamination and replaced as necessary. All evap system hoses are subject to cracking and splitting causing leaks, Inspect hoses carefully. In cases of contamination from carbon particles or debris, all hoses and tubes must be blown out with compressed air to remove contaminates.
1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Questions
if turn off it does the clicking again. i cleaned the terminals and the code light lit up i believe 19 times.
I found out the sylinoid is in the starter. What should I do?
1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Reviews
my van is one of the best vehicles i own up untill now i have had very little problem's with it, just needs a little work done to it engine wise, body wise it is in almost show room quality, i think it is remakable it has lasted in this condition for over 128,000 miles i'am very pleased with it and gas mileage is pretty good nearly 20 mpg's (4.10) gears help alot.
We owned a 1996 dodge 1500 van it was a good vehicle.Bought a 1999 dodge 1500 van that turned into a total piece of crap!!! Paint peeled off and started having engine v8 problems at 86,000 miles.Headliner also coming down. What a Shame!