1998 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Dodge Ram Van 1500
- how do you reset a check engine light
- Why will the Van start sometimes weather its done on its own or jumped?
- Smoke around the power steering pulley after changing the serpentine belt
- Problem started about a month ago, truck would not start.
- I have a hesitation issue while driving and slowly accelerating btwn 30-50+ mph.
1998 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
1998 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Questions
Sometimes the Van starts - sometimes it doesn't weather it's either on its own or jumped.
It has a new alternator and new fuel pump.
took the battery into auto to have it fully charged. - have been using the internal plug to charge up phone.
It turned on two days ago. didn't turn...
Truck sat in my driveway for 3 weeks til weather warmed up, then I replaced battery. Now it starts fine but runs rough, hesitates when accelerating, and is very noisy like an exhaust problem. Entire exhaust system is relatively new. Any suggestions as to whether this is all related to the batt...