1996 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Dodge Ram Van 1500
- How much is probable repair cost for a 96 dodge 1500 2wd 5.2v8 AT throwing code for torque converter circuit malfunction?
- 1996 Ram 1500, replaced the 360 engine with a 318. It will idle but won't accel
- Only have heat when engine accelerates, flushed heatercore, water is running .
- I have no power to the fuel pump what could trigger the A.S.D.relay?
- What is GEN light on the dssh board?
1996 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
1996 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Questions
Flushed heatercore, changed control valve, water is flowing thru heatercore very clean , no sign of coolant thou.
Had new radiator installed last yr. due to a leak when i opened the rad cap. i didn`t see coolant there should be visable coolant at the top right?
Heater hose is hot the other n...
I have ohm tested the relays checked the fuse and the fuse box. I checked the wire conector for power just before the
tank and I get 12v for about 1sec. when I turn the key to the on position. Then it's gone with no pressure in the line. I turn the key the fuel flow rely clicks then with in ...
this is from the last post tonight. My gen light stayed on while I was checkin for the obd code to staay clear just 12 and 55 still so far. The van started up after jump but cut off 3 time while I was sitting in the van helping it to stay running while warming up, 18 degrees in detroit right now....