1991 Dodge Ram 50 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Dodge Ram 50
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Dodge Ram 50 Problems
On 2.4L 4 cylinder engines a whining noise may be noted when the engine is cold and the rpm is in the 1800-2000 range. Our technicians tell us that most commonly this type of noise is coming from the engine oil pump. The repair is to replace the front case assembly and both the drive and driven oil pump gears.
Carbon buildup on the top of the piston is common and increases with mileage and over time. Symptoms can vary from light ticking to hammering/knocking noises. Performing a Fuel injector cleaning service will often also remove enough carbon build up to lessen any noise concerns related this issue.
Engine oil leaks may develop from the following areas: Valve cover gaskets, cam plugs at rear of the cylinder head, cam seals, front crankshaft seal, and the oil filter bracket. Leaking seals and gaskets should be replaced. Due to mis-machining of the mating surfaces, as special gasket is required to correct the oil filter bracket leak.
1991 Dodge Ram 50 Questions
i was going up hill and my clutch cable broke i didnt no what to do. i talked to one of my friends told me i could still dirve it i just hade to press the gas a little befor i put it in gear and it works i press the gas then ease it in gear well i bought a clut cable thinking i would just have t...