1990 Dodge Ram 50 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Ram 50
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1990 Dodge Ram 50 Problems
An exhaust leak and/or chirp type noise may develop from the exhaust manifold to header pipe connection. Our technicians tell us that replacing the exhaust seal ring and flange springs, along with sizing the header pipe flange will generally correct this concern.
On 2.4L 4 cylinder engines a whining noise may be noted when the engine is cold and the rpm is in the 1800-2000 range. Our technicians tell us that most commonly this type of noise is coming from the engine oil pump. The repair is to replace the front case assembly and both the drive and driven oil pump gears.
Carbon buildup on the top of the piston is common and increases with mileage and over time. Symptoms can vary from light ticking to hammering/knocking noises. Performing a Fuel injector cleaning service will often also remove enough carbon build up to lessen any noise concerns related this issue.
1990 Dodge Ram 50 Questions
A metal mount fell off the truck and the clutch pedal is on the floor. The clutch wont return
carb. is to rich. fowling plugs and won't pass emission test.