2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Dodge Ram 3500
- Replace Pressure Solenoid in Transmission Valve Body to Fix Transmission Bucking
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Check Engine Light Due to Failed Thermostat
- Locked up WCM may cause engine cranking problems
- Vibration in steering wheel due to worn steering damper/tie rod ends
- RPM IS AT 1000 RPM GOING 50MPH...
- Have squeaking noise when turning left or right. Could this be Universal joints
- Column shifter is sloppy in nuetral and Drive positions is it cable/TRS SWITCH?
- Our a/c has failed 5 times.Twice we took it back to the dealer where we got it.
- Went into limp or safe mode checked for codes P2149 has me worried !
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
Replacing a pressure solenoid valve in the transmission valve body may fix an issue where the transmission "hunts" between first and second gears. Our technicians report that customers sometimes describe this complaint as surging or bucking.
The thermostat may fail to close completely, causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This problem will prevent the engine from reaching normal operating temperature; a new thermostat should be installed.
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
I HAVE CHANGED THE PRESSURE SENSOR AND THE SHIFT SENSOR IN THE TRANSMISSION..(48RE)...WHEN DRIVING SHIFTING FROM 1ST TO 2ND & 3RD..IS OK...WHEN SPEED SHOWS 50MPH THE RPM'S DROPPED TO 1000RPM
found broke door
My a/c and heat is totally messed up - the heat and cooling works properly but the a/c does not blow hard at all (tho I can hear it blowing inside the dash somewhere) - then no matter where the knob is for heat it always blows out the defrost (none on feet) - I have already spent around $1,000.00...
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Recalls
The left and right tie rod assemblies are part of the front steering linkage, Certain trucks are being recalled because the left tie rod can break unexpectedly. This can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the steering linkage and install a new left tie rod assembly as necessary to correct this concern. This recall supersedes a previous recall, some vehicles repaired under the first recall may require an additional repair.
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a left outer tie rod ball stud that may fracture; others may have received the affected tie rod assembly as a replacement part during normal service. This condition tends to occur during low speed parking lot type maneuvers when the driver is making a tight turn. This condition could result in a loss of directional stability in the left front wheel, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the tie rod ends, replace the left outer tie rod end as required, and perform a front end toe alignment as needed. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule. The Chrysler recall number is L16.
Chrysler has recalled certain 2002-2009 Dodge Rams (1500/2500/3500) because the wiper module assemblies may be susceptible to water intrusion, which may result in partial or complete loss of windshield wiper capability. This may cause reduced visibility for the driver, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the wiper module assemblies with vented wiper motor housings.
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Reviews
35000+ miles and doesn't miss a lick. 16000 lb. Megacab tow package Laramie trim 4.10 limited slip rear end silverline exhaust and a K&N filter. 22+ mpg on the highway a 75 mph. Megacab gives you enough room to carry anything including my 6'4" brother in law with ease and comfort. when towing our 30ft trailer I don't even feel it.
I've got a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Deisel Turbo. Replaced the oil pan gasket, rear main seal, and rear engine cover gasket. Then after installing parts engine will not start. Removed starter, manual trans, clutch, flywheel, and lifted engine a few inches to clear oil pan. Thats all. No diconnect of any sensor or wires. Not sure of problem. Running prior to replacement of parts. Need help of cr...
Great vechicle for pulling just about anything. I've had a small leak from a boot coming from the transmission, an air condition flap on duct come loose so my air did not blow as hard as it should.