2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Dodge Ram 3500
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Oil leaks from valve cover, intake manifold, and timing cover gaskets
- Increased Oil Consumption Due to Intake Manifold Plenum Gasket Leak
- Engine oil leaks at distributor may be misdiagnosed
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
If a Check Engine Light illuminates indicating leak detection pump (LDP) failure, the cause is often pinched or disconnected vacuum lines to the pump. Vacuum lines should be inspected before replacing the leak detection pump. Contamination (carbon or debris) in the pump can cause failure and any hoses should be cleared before a new pump is installed.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
When I have the engine on running you can smell antifreeze from the engine..but there is no sign of leaks at any possible place visible. But the overflow coolant tank gets low by about a inch or so every couple of weeks? A guy told me it could be leaking in the fire wall going to the heater core...
When replacing the seals alongside the ring carrier bearings I ran into a soft RTV type next to the seals and cannot find them in the parts book yet they look like factory made seals. Do I leave them out or add RTV from a tube? I am a 'heavy' truck mechanic for over 45 years and have ne...
on my husbands 2002 dodge 1 ton diesel the engine turns over several severl times before the truck will start, but it always starts. We found on the internet how to re-calibrate the tps/apps and tried that, it helped somewhat, the truck doesn't have to turn over as many times before starting ...
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Recalls
Chrysler has recalled certain 2002-2009 Dodge Rams (1500/2500/3500) because the wiper module assemblies may be susceptible to water intrusion, which may result in partial or complete loss of windshield wiper capability. This may cause reduced visibility for the driver, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the wiper module assemblies with vented wiper motor housings.
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Reviews
The alternator suddenly stops charging but after several attempts with lights on it suddenly starts to charge at a full 14 volts with out dropping at all; this is higher then it has ever charged before. I had the alternator checked twice out of the vehicle and it tests out fine but the problem continues. The PCM seems to be the problem but I priced it out at $263.99 and don't want to buy it unl...
Great truck! Will pull anything anywhere. Chrysler fixed fuel pump at 58,000 miles. No other problems, except cracked dash. Orginal batterys are just now getting weak. I am very serious about maintance and follow Dodge's recommendations (I believe that is why I have good luck on all my trucks