2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Dodge Ram 3500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
If a Check Engine Light illuminates indicating leak detection pump (LDP) failure, the cause is often pinched or disconnected vacuum lines to the pump. Vacuum lines should be inspected before replacing the leak detection pump. Contamination (carbon or debris) in the pump can cause failure and any hoses should be cleared before a new pump is installed.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
It started shifting back and forth in between 3rd and 4th when around 50. Now it will not shift out of 1st. Tranny filter or Solenoid ????
When trying to shift the transmission into 5th or reverse its like they arnt there and i have to fish for them until i find them.
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Reviews
very good truck, Cummins Engine best ever. Dodge truck is good not best, rear axles seem to have rear seal problems. Seems like axles get hot and seem to heat seals and go through them would buy another one though because of the cummins engine best...
have a 2001 dodge 3500 gas engine ram with 39000 miles on it. in june the crankshaft broke in half and of course the truck now needs repaired. it is stored 5monthes out of the year and gets oil changes twice ayear. dealership tried to get ram corp to repair the problem but they didnot want to do that because they would have amit that the truck was a lemon. we are owners of 6 chrysler products b...
Had two cracked heads at 45K mi. Service bulletin described the problem but Dodge didn't care. Exhaust system rattles. Having some transmission slippage at 55K miles.