1999 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Ram 3500
- How do I change the u-joints and support bearings?
- I have 1999 cummins 4x4 dulley with auto-trans truck bogs out when given gas
- My 1999 Dodge 3500 5.9 Diesel looses power
- How do tou adjust the park brake on my 99 Ram 3500, 5.9L 5 spd diesel turbo eng?
- Idles great to 1000 RPM. When pressing acceralator it cuts out bad and don't run
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
If a Check Engine Light illuminates indicating leak detection pump (LDP) failure, the cause is often pinched or disconnected vacuum lines to the pump. Vacuum lines should be inspected before replacing the leak detection pump. Contamination (carbon or debris) in the pump can cause failure and any hoses should be cleared before a new pump is installed.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
1999 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
Vehicle is a rear wheel drive 1999 Dodge 3500 5.9Liter with a vibration that starts at 55mph and gets worse at higher speeds.I have been advised to replace all u-joints and bearings from the transmission to the rear of a dual drive shaft.
check engine light on tested it and codes are p1689 and p1693 what are they.
How do you adjust the park brake on a Dodge 3500 5.9L Diesel Turbo engine, manual transmission. Engaging the park brake does not stall the truck out when it's in gear. Also, if you leave the truck in neutral on a incline or decline with the park break engaged, it does not hold. Can anyone out...