1994 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Dodge Ram 3500
- Truck cranks but wont start unless u press accelerator.
- I'm sorry to bother you again but could you tell me where the ASD relay is Thank
- I have no ignition spark going in or out of distributor. Replaced pickup coil
- at idel truck surg's and bucks
- when i let off gas peddel my truck wants to surge and buck and the tac moves
1994 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
If a Check Engine Light illuminates indicating leak detection pump (LDP) failure, the cause is often pinched or disconnected vacuum lines to the pump. Vacuum lines should be inspected before replacing the leak detection pump. Contamination (carbon or debris) in the pump can cause failure and any hoses should be cleared before a new pump is installed.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
1994 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
What ASD stand for?
There is no voltage at the coil or distibutor. No spark anywhere.
when my truck is ideling down the road it surg's and bucks but if i give it gas it stops as soon as i let off here it gos again