1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Dodge Ram 2500
- How do I hook up my 4x4 I put a 2001 tcase in an now my 4x4 shifter linkage hits my front driveshaft I think the pattern is different
- I need a source for replacement visors. Dealer no longer has them
- what causes the trans temp lite to come on and go off
- 95 dodge 2500 that the front end starts to junp violently at 40 mph.
- What would cause vehicle not to start back
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Problems
Engine overheating can result from coolant leaks which are commonly found at the thermostat housing gasket, water pump, heater return tube O-ring at the water pump, intake manifold gasket, and timing cover gasket. Our technicians recommend a complete inspection of the cooling system after any repairs are made to be sure there are no other leaks.
On 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 engines, the intake manifold gasket may leak and cause increased oil consumption and a spark knock during acceleration; the gasket should be replaced.
Some models could have a severe drift or pull to one side when the brakes were applied. If this is not caused by a dragging brake caliper, there is a service bulletin describing the step-by-step diagnosis and many possible solutions. Our technicians note the most common solutions are performing a four wheel alignment, checking torque on suspension components, installing shims between the wheels and hubs, and replacing the suspension arms.
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
tan cloth is what I currently have. Material failing
it is a jasper trans
I have replaced the ujoints ball joints. pulls to the right
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Recalls
Chrysler has recalled certain 1994-1999 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 models in areas that use road salt because corrosion of the return spring on the hood secondary latch could cause the mechanism to bind in the "release position." This may cause the hood to open unexpectedly. Dealers will replace the secondary hood latch.
Chrysler has recalled certain 1994-1996 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 models equipped with Diesel engines because the throttle cable could unravel (fray) or break, which may cause a loss of throttle control. A throttle that does not return to idle may lead to unexpected acceleration. Dealers will inspect and replace the throttle cable and upper bell crank lever.
Chrysler has recalled certain 1994-1996 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 light duty pickup trucks because they were built with an ignition switch and wiring that may overheat. Dealers will install a relay and overlay harness.