2000 Dodge Neon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Dodge Neon
- My vapor canister has a crack so it leaks. Where can I locate it and repair it.
- Replaced Master cylinder and pedal is great. When sitting at light or stop for a short while pedal will slowly sink and brakes will not hold
- I was warming up my car for work Monday morning, as soon as i went to turn on my headlights it shut completely down. I have had my battery tested and it is fine, but i have absolutely no power to anything. it is acting as if there is no battery at all.
- What would cause my car to act as if it has no battery?
- Why is my car making weird static, squeaky, like rubber rubbing when startingcar
2000 Dodge Neon Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
The trunk seems to fill with water when it rains or you wash ir, then runs under the back seat and floods the floor boards, front and back, this causes mold, mildew and rust, not to mention oder. the problem is water leaks in around the tail light seals and bolts also around the seal of the trunk. Chrysler is aware of this problem but no recalls and they wont correct it. It is a manufactureers defect. a little silicone around the tail light s...
2000 Dodge Neon Questions
No fluid leaks are present
2000 Dodge Neon Recalls
In the presence of oil and heat, the brake booster vacuum hose could swell and loosen from the intake manifold. This could cause a loss of power brake assist and an increase in engine idle speed. Dealers will replace the brake booster vacuum hose.
The information on how to secure a car seat properly using tether anchors using step by step, illustrated procedures is missing. Improper attachment of child seat tether straps to vehicle tether anchors could cause a child safety issue in a collision. Owners were sent an addendum to the owners manual that addresses tether strap installation.
2000 Dodge Neon Reviews
Bought my Neon new in 2000 off the showroom floor and absolutely love it!!! I get about 34 mpg. in town and nearly 40 on the highway. I consider this one of the best cars ever made, so of course, that's why they quit making them. This is my second Neon, my first is a 1997 that is still on the road with over 200,000 miles on it. My 2000 has 77,000 miles on it. My daughter-in-law just got her fi...
I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon new. I drive it to work every day (100 miles round trip). 280,000 miles and counting. I've replaced parts here and there, mostly due to my own negligence. Recently I've considered purchasing a new (or gently used) vehicle, and have been drawn towards getting another Neon. If you change the oil regularly and follow the suggested maintenance, this vehicle will l...
love my car - bought a 2000 in 2001 would recommend to anyone.