2008 Dodge Magnum Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Dodge Magnum
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Software Updates Will Solve Electrical/Lighting Problems
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- Transmission Electrical Connector May Leak Transmission Fluid
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- What can cause the "water housing" to crack?
- how do you replace the combination switch
- My horn is very low and my alarm completely stop working at the same time.. is a
- I have no power nothing works...radio, lights, headlights, horn, power locks
- Why my car wont start the headlights and interior lights come on and dash lights
2008 Dodge Magnum Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
Software updates are available which may correct various electrical problems with the interior features and lighting.
Rear differential and axle seals are prone to repeated leaks.
2008 Dodge Magnum Questions
do I have to remove the steering wheel to gain access to the combination switch
WHATS my problem? help.
come on but the radio wont come on and it doesnt start even when I tried to jump it off it wont start.
2008 Dodge Magnum Recalls
On vehicles equipped with the police option package and a column mounted shifter, the gearshift cable may become disconnected from its mounting bracket, causing the position display to be incorrect. This can result in the vehicle moving in a unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable at the mounting bracket. The recall is expected to begin on November 10, 2008. The Dodge recall number is H37.
The axle hub nuts on the rear wheels may not be crimped properly, which will allow the nuts to loosen and possibly allow the rear axles to separate from the hubs. This will cause a loss of power and vehicle acceleration. Dealers will replace the axle hub nuts. The Dodge recall number is H23. This recall began during July, 2008.