2008 Dodge Magnum Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Dodge Magnum
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Software Updates Will Solve Electrical/Lighting Problems
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- Transmission Electrical Connector May Leak Transmission Fluid
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- check engine light is on & now car won't start. cranks but wont turn over?
- How much the cost will be to repair electronic throttle control
- Why does my engine have a whine/roar type noise inside the engine
- What could be wrong when a 2008 magnum want start?
- Step by step setting timing for a 2005 dodge magnum
2008 Dodge Magnum Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
Software updates are available which may correct various electrical problems with the interior features and lighting.
Rear differential and axle seals are prone to repeated leaks.
2008 Dodge Magnum Questions
I recently had the shop replace the water pump timing belt and crank gear (somehow was bent and rubbing metal on metal it was replaced and I was assured all was well inside the timing case because I was told the whine/roar was the belt or water pump failing after having the timing and water pump ...
My magnum cut off when I drove through some water. I am now trying to start my car but it won't start. What could be the problem?
do I have to remove the steering wheel to gain access to the combination switch
2008 Dodge Magnum Recalls
The ignition key may stick between desired positions in the ignition key cylinder mechanism, and may move between positions while driving. This can cause the engine to shut off and electrical accessories to stop operating. Dealers will repair this concern free of charge (a repair procedure is still under development as of the time of this writing).
On vehicles equipped with the police option package and a column mounted shifter, the gearshift cable may become disconnected from its mounting bracket, causing the position display to be incorrect. This can result in the vehicle moving in a unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable at the mounting bracket. The recall is expected to begin on November 10, 2008. The Dodge recall number is H37.
The axle hub nuts on the rear wheels may not be crimped properly, which will allow the nuts to loosen and possibly allow the rear axles to separate from the hubs. This will cause a loss of power and vehicle acceleration. Dealers will replace the axle hub nuts. The Dodge recall number is H23. This recall began during July, 2008.