2009 Dodge Journey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Dodge Journey
- Should brakes wear out in less than 3 months?
- Where can I find te driver door pin wire?
- My ETC came on, stayed on. Hard time with taking the gas! Didn't want to go ???
- was ther recall on starter for 09 journey and if so i was never notified
- I bought a 2009 dodge journey awd and I'm having problems with my stereo screen.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Dodge Journey Problems
The remote keyless entry system may not work intermittently. Our technicians suggest upgrading the software in the wireless ignition node (WIN) to correct this concern.
A pulsation may be felt in the brake pedal or steering wheel on brake application. This is commonly caused by warped brake rotors. The front rotors are commonly at fault but the rears should be checked also. Warped rotors will need to be re-machined or replaced to correct this concern.
A whine type noise may develop from the power steering pump. Our technicians tell us a revised pump and powertrain control module (PCM) software update are available to correct this concern. Additional, an updated power steering reservoir is available for some models.
2009 Dodge Journey Questions
Dealer said brakes were fine less than 6 wks ago
While I was traveling the ETC light came on and stayed. Hard time getting it to take the gas, like it was trying to loose power! It sounded like it was making a loud humming sound to when I would slow down. What's it's problem?
2009 Dodge Journey Recalls
If the ignition key unexpectedly moves to the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off. This will depower various safety systems including but not limited to airbags, power steering, and power braking. Loss of functionality of these systems may increase the risk of crash and/or injury in the event of a crash. The weight of extra items on the ignition key ring can be a contributing factor to this unexpected occurrence. Until this recall is completed customers are advised to remove all other items from the ignition key ring. Dealers will modify the ignition switch to correct this concern.
Chrysler is recalling certain 2009 Dodge Journey vehicles due to possible loss of crash-sensing capability and illumination of the airbag warning light as a result of damaged wires in one or both doors. In the event of a crash, the side airbag may not deploy, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the left and right door wiring harness.
Wiring may be reversed on the steering column control module driver's air bag connector and cause the driver air bag not to deploy. If the driver's air bag does not inflate when needed, the risk of injuries to the driver is increased. Dealers will inspect the driver's air bag squib wires and replace the steering column control module. The recall began in May, 2009. The recall number is J13.
2009 Dodge Journey Reviews
This is the worst POS car I have ever owned. The brake and rotors I have had problems with ever since I bought it. Coolent system problems all the time.
i have a 2009 journey r/t after about 60,000 miles the engine seems to have a whining noise lack of power. when the transmission shifts into overdrive or 6th gear the engine starts clattering sounds like a diesel engine. worst vehicle ever owned will go back to chevy or ford from now on
worst car on the world,i was very happy with my ford explorer,this one went to mexico with me like 20 times,first time i took the 09 journey the trasmission broke down and i have to come back on the bus ,me and my family,now i took the journey to the dealer for a recall on the ignition ,and they burn mystarter and posibbly my ecm,i work for autozone and i belive is not fair for them to do that...