2001 Dodge Intrepid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Dodge Intrepid
- How could the car roll while in park and shut off? The car went thru the house!
- Replacing radiator from 3.2 with one from a 2.7?
- Can I clean cam sensor with soap and water
- how do I find out what color my paint is? Is there a sticker somewhere?
- What will cause my radiator to boil. The temperature gauge stays in the middle.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Dodge Intrepid Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
A damaged cam position sensor (or its wires and connector) can cause intermittent stalling, stumbles, or hard starting.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
2001 Dodge Intrepid Questions
I parked the car in the driveway. Five minutes later the car rolled down the driveway into the house. I don't understand what happen!!
I have a large scratch on back lower side and want to get a paint pen and need the color...
I changed the thermostat.
2001 Dodge Intrepid Recalls
On non-sunroof vehicles, there is a potential for injury if the occupant's head contacts the B-Pillar. Chrysler sent owners a storage bin accessory unit to attach to the B-Pillar to comply with safety regulations.
The information on how to secure a car seat properly using tether anchors using step by step, illustrated procedures is missing. Improper attachment of child seat tether straps to vehicle tether anchors could cause a child safety issue in a collision. Owners were sent an addendum to the owners manual that addresses tether strap installation.
2001 Dodge Intrepid Reviews
I love the car (red). Nice handling,interior, exterior are good, big trunk, but the transmission acts funny but never stalled, car seems to waddle a little especially when cold outside,fine when it warms up, has some leaks but don't know where fron exactly, had too many opinions, all looking for lots of $$$ to fix. Already had in several shops, had oil sending unit replaced, other things suppos...
i have 177k on my 2001 dodge intrepid 2.7 liter. no oil sluge just problems with struts, steering and noises like rattling at 1200 rpm from exhaust and popping/clucking noises when braking or steering or any kind of bump