1997 Dodge Intrepid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Intrepid
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Poor Heat Output Due to Air in Cooling System After Service
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- I lost my key to my car wondering if I can still change the lock cylinder without the old key?
- I lost my key to my car wanting to know if I can still change the lock cylinder?
- lost ignition key can i have new one made from a door cylinder or the trunk cyli
- Steering hard on left side only fine on highway not good in tight areas powerst
- Have clunking noise in frt suspension when coming to a stop or accel. from stop
1997 Dodge Intrepid Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
1997 Dodge Intrepid Questions
Power steering fluid up no leaks car only has 190k well maintained by shop other than that solid car flys good on gas
replaced both control arms w/ball joints, sway bar bushings/rod ends, all tie rod ends, all 4 subframe bushings and brake pads.
I'm guessing the tranny but am wondering if it could be the cv joints In the front axels//?????????
1997 Dodge Intrepid Recalls
1997 Dodge Intrepid Reviews
Best car i ever owned!!!! 175,000 still runing strong
My second Intreped and both were great cars. This one is a 1997 with 245,000 as of right now. Oil leak at 175,000, outside of that it's been a very good car. 3.3L that gets 27 MPG at 75-85 MPH going to Florida.
My Dodge inrepid is a 1997 i love it because i have 2 small children and the car is very roomy compared to the new modeled cars. i have been having problems with my check engine light it will not go off and we have replaced censors and lights and spark plugs and still can not get it to go off i even replaced the computer in it. if anyone has any clues to what i should do please respond to my post.