1997 Dodge Intrepid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Intrepid
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Poor Heat Output Due to Air in Cooling System After Service
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- where are the 2 grounding straps under left side of engine connect to.
- check engine light flashing
- why can't I get spark? I have asked other questions about this car several time
- Low oil pressure light; but only comes on when i accelerate
- I already asked why I did not have spark but do have fuel at rail.
1997 Dodge Intrepid Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
1997 Dodge Intrepid Questions
No other problems
And the dipstick is showing a good level of oil
Odometer is only at 160k miles
I'm not certain what grade of oil is good for this engine. Right now it has 10W30 in it.
I already asked question of why no spark on 3.3 intrepid but for got to mention I also replaced the ignition switch alon wit crank sensor,cam sensor,coil pak, wires, plugs. Still no spark . Why. Please help.
i do not have spark. I do have fuel. replaced crank shaft sensor and cam sensor. Replaced coil, wires and plugs.
1997 Dodge Intrepid Recalls
1997 Dodge Intrepid Reviews
Best car i ever owned!!!! 175,000 still runing strong
My second Intreped and both were great cars. This one is a 1997 with 245,000 as of right now. Oil leak at 175,000, outside of that it's been a very good car. 3.3L that gets 27 MPG at 75-85 MPH going to Florida.
My Dodge inrepid is a 1997 i love it because i have 2 small children and the car is very roomy compared to the new modeled cars. i have been having problems with my check engine light it will not go off and we have replaced censors and lights and spark plugs and still can not get it to go off i even replaced the computer in it. if anyone has any clues to what i should do please respond to my post.