1996 Dodge Intrepid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Dodge Intrepid
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Poor Heat Output Due to Air in Cooling System After Service
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
1996 Dodge Intrepid Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
1996 Dodge Intrepid Questions
It's a rod vertical to the front strut with a ball knuckle thing has a rubber boot? Squeezes and kinda grind when driving
My 96 Intrepid is shutting down while driving it and it does this at any speed. I have replaced fuel filter, crank sensor and in the past had the wires leading to the coil pack repaired. I cleaned all contacts/prongs on the black block fuses in the control center located under the hood on the dri...