1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan
- how to install a rack and pinning?
- van will start and run but not faster than 30 mph.Stalls and dies after a mile?
- inside rear passenger side heater hose making carpet wet
- front left tire seems to bounce whenever I hit any imperfection in roadway
- I have a trans question. Was driving went around a corner and my van went out
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems
One or more power windows may stop working due to a failed window motor or regulator. In some cases these items are replaced as a set. If not, diagnoses will be required to determine which is at fault.
Shifting harshness and shuddering issues related to the operation of the automatic transmission have been addressed by factory service bulletins. The shuddering can feel like the vehicle is being driven over rumble strips.
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
Changed spark plugs and wires, new egr valve new o2 sensors and cut out old catalytic converter. Still stalls out, could it be tube from valve cover to pcv valve, it is kinked and may not be letting enough o2 thru?
I heard a hissing sound coming from the rear passenger side heater vents. Also found floorboards wet from rear vent to front seat. Am having to add water to radiator. Where do I find the hose line to rear and can it be capped off until full repair can be made?
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Recalls
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews
Really quiet engine. You don't hear the outside noises. High freeway mileage. Low maintenance while I owned. Great sound system and very comfortable.
I now have 161,000 miles on my van It has been a money pit. Anything electrical I had to replace door locks, all the window motors, ( and there is 6 ) the temperature control panel Thank goodness I got that at a junk yard for 45.00 because that is a 700.00 part the transmission went at 100,000 now the back hatch door wont open because of rust or the power lock went again. Paid to have clock s...
We bought ours used at Dayton andrews Dodge after doing a car fax report. Only one owner no accidents serviced regulary great looking vehicle.After only having it a few months fans went out .replaced them then the starter went replaced it then tranny went replaced it.just quit running we replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump and fuel sensor and it still wont run.What a money pit we will never...