1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
- what would cause the trany to go foward when i put it reverse?
- My a/c,heater air or defrost doesn't come on in front or back.
- how can I fix (by myself) my 97 Dodge Caravan's wiper motor?
- How to best replace the rear AC hoses on my 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3.8L V6?
- Ihave 97 grand caravan and my dash gauges speedo tack gas guage all bink off on
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems
One or more power windows may stop working due to a failed window motor or regulator. In some cases these items are replaced as a set. If not, diagnoses will be required to determine which is at fault.
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
also the shift indicator has all the gears lit at the same time. it also makes a banging sound after i go a few feet in drive.
Could it be the front and back blowers? If so, how can I fix myself? Can't afford to be ripped off at a shop
It makes a very loud noise & the wipers do not move when turned on,unless I move the blades manually,then they move w/ease. I don't think it's a bad motor BECAUSE the noise is soo loud when turned on. This just started happening when I was driving for about an hr and a half,when I pul...
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Recalls
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews
overall its a good vehicle except for the transmisson overheating.
I bought my 1997 Grand Caravan LE in 2002 with only 35,500 miles on it & got a good deal. Even though the van has 181,000 miles on it now, it still does well for me. I don't always have the money to fix, but I do get the major items repaired. It helps to that I have an excellent mechanic. Since I am a student this vehicle must last me through school.This is my 2nd.Dodge Mini Van and I would rec...
Bought used with 119,000 miles. 3.3 runs good, gets the job done. Original 4-speed automatic is junk and riddled with problems. Replaced with used trans which also failed in 4000 miles, planet set and pump cover this time. Replaced with updated unit from Jasper. $$$$! Works great so far, we'll see! Electronic systems are glitchy at best. Steering rack pressure lines rusted through but I liv...