2006 Dodge Durango Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Dodge Durango
- Why do I keep having to replace my drivers side bearings.
- I am getting code P0441 from my check engine light. What's the most common prob?
- durango rpms surge up and down only at idle.
- has anyone had a problem with the chrome on the grill wrinkelly
- Where is the ac blower motor relay located on a 2006 dodge Durango
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Dodge Durango Problems
A ticking type noise may develop, most noticeable when the engine is cold. This is commonly caused by one or more broken exhaust manifold bolts. Our technicians recommend to replace the broken bolts as needed, also the exhaust manifold gaskets should be replaced at this time.
On vehicles with a 3.7L V6 and 4.7L V8, water may pass by the cowl screen (at the base of the windshield) in heavy rain or a car wash. This can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. A revised cowl screen may be available to fix this problem.
A rough engine idle and/or engine stalling condition may develop, often associated with illumination of the Check Engine Light and an exhaust gas recirculation (ERG) fault code stored. This is commonly caused by a clogged EGR tube. The repair involves cleaning the clogged EGR tube.
2006 Dodge Durango Questions
Also, every time I turn my ignition on, the wipers will come on . the interior and exterior lights will flash sometimes after I start my durango
The has began to stutter a little while in park and just after I turn it off.
2006 Dodge Durango Recalls
An integrated circuit in the instrument cluster that controls interior lighting may overheat under certain conditions. If this happens, it could potentially cause an instrument panel fire. Dealers will inspect the cluster for damage and replace it free of charge. The recall began April 2, 2007. The Chrysler recall number is G07.
On some vehicles, the left rear watts link of the rear suspension may have been damaged during assembly and could fail. If the watts link fails, vehicle handling could be compromised, and a crash could occur. Dealers will replace the left rear watts link free of charge. The recall began July 19, 2006. The Chrysler recall number is F30.
The front windshield wiper motor armature shaft may break. Loss of windshield wiping capability could occur, resulting in the driver's vision being obscured, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the windshield wiper motor to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin during June and July of 2006. The Chrysler recall number is F10.