2010 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Dodge Dakota
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Dodge Dakota Problems
On 3.7L V6 and 4.7L V8 engines the camshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to crank but not start or it can cause intermittent stalling. A failed camshaft position sensor will require replacement.
2010 Dodge Dakota Recalls
The nut securing the rear axle pinion my loosen because an adhesive patch was not installed during vehicle assembly. If the nut loosens, the axle can lock up with little warning, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and/or a crash. Dealers will install a pinion nut retainer to correct this concern. This is an expansion of a previous recall, NHTSA number 12V474000, Chrysler number M34. The Chrysler recall number for this recall is N08.
The rear axle pinion nut may loosen due to a lack of adhesive. If the rear axle pinion nut loosens, the axle can lock up and cause a loss of vehicle control and/or a vehicle crash with little warning. Dealers will install a pinion nut retainer to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M34.
2010 Dodge Dakota Reviews
I bought a 2010 Dodge Dakota ext. cab V-8 4x4. the engine shifts funny and after a year and a half. I have to replace the front rotors because they are warped and peeling on the back side. With only 9600 miles on it.The lower part of the body is all plastic, for the price of the truck I would expect to have metal, the grill is all plastic the bumper is plastic. made very cheap. I will never buy...