2005 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Dodge Dakota
- what causes engine to idle rough get only 10mpg with no codes on scanner
- What would it cost me to replace the transfer case?
- Why does my 2005 Dodge Dakota rev up to 2000 rpm when I drive about 200 feet
- My 2005 dodge Dakota has a rough shift in between 1st and 2nd gear
- the cam shaft caps broke off due to no oil circulation
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Dodge Dakota Problems
On 3.7L V6 and 4.7L V8 engines the camshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to crank but not start or it can cause intermittent stalling. A failed camshaft position sensor will require replacement.
Front and rear differential pinion seal leaks are common. The leaky pinion seal and differential fluid will need to be replaced.
2005 Dodge Dakota Questions
It makes a clicking noise when I drive it. It happens all day everyday.
after stops skipping runs good no problems. Took to shop and put on computer and found nothing wrong. What can cause this?
2005 Dodge Dakota Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
On certain automatic transmissions, the cup plug that retains the park pawl anchor shaft may be improperly installed. If the shaft moves out of position, the vehicle may not be able to achieve "park" position. If this occurs and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the transmission and install a bracket to ensure the park pawl anchor shaft is retained in the proper position. This recall is expected to begin on November 28, 2005. The Chrysler recall number is E14.
The side curtain air bag fasteners may not have been properly tightened. This could result in improper side air bag deployment in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to vehicle occupants. Dealers will tighten the side curtain fasteners to the proper specification.
2005 Dodge Dakota Reviews
I have had my Dodge Dokota 4X4 Crew cab for 4 years now and thoroughly enjoy driving it. It has been a fantastic truck and plan to keep it for at least another 5 years or so.
2005 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab 4x4 the only problem I have is the transmission runs at higher RPM when truck warms up. If the truck has to run @2000RPM check engine line will come on and transmission will get hot.
10 years and just normal wear items 85000 miles just replaced 1 fuel injector. followed schedule in manual still going with no issues used as everyday street vehicle